Stansted Airport Parking
Stansted airport has three different types of car park to choose from: Short Stay, Mid Stay and Long Stay. The car park you use and the price you pay, is determined by the amount of time you’re leaving your vehicle there. Their proximity to the airport differs. The shorter your stay, the closer your car park will be to the airport.
The shuttle bus
How do you get from the car park to the airport? Don’t worry, you don’t need to walk. There is a shuttle bus service from the Mid Stay car parks supplied, which will take you to and from the car park. The service runs every few minutes, so you need not be concerned about missing your flight. You will be dropped off at the entrance of the airport. When you return after your trip, walk out to the terminal entrance again, and catch the shuttle bus when it arrives at the shuttle stop.
Seating and luggage
Each shuttle bus is fully equipped to make your journey seamless. There are plenty of seats. If the bus is full by the time you get on it, there are bars to hold onto. Please be mindful of the elderly and those with young children, and give up your seats if you can. Your luggage can be safely stowed in the supplied baggage areas along the length of the inside of the bus.
Important details to know about each car park:
If you are staying at the airport for a few hours only, you should use the Stansted Short Stay Parking.
- The car park is stationed a short walk away from the terminal entrance.
- As a recipient of the Park Mark safer parking award, issued by the British Parking Association, customers can rest assured of their vehicle’s safety. Be sure to hide your belongings just in case though.
- The longest duration you can stay in this car park is 24-hours, which costs £36.00. The shortest is 25 minutes at £2.80.
- If you want to use the parking spaces in front of the terminal entrance, purchase Fast Track Parking. 3 hours is £30, 3 – 12 hours costs £50, and 12-24 hours will be £60.
The Stansted Mid Stay Parking is an alternative to the Long Stay and Short Stay options. You get a faster transport service to the airport, because the car park is closer to the terminal than the Long Stay. The Mid Stay car park allows customers of all durations to keep their cars there.
- You can pre-book your stay in the car park on the Stansted website.
- The drive-up price is £16.50 per day.
- You can access the car park from the M11 motorway. From London, exit the M11 at Junction 8a. If you’re driving from Cambridge, exit at Junction 8.
If you’re going for an extended trip or holiday, then the Stansted Long Stay Parking is best suited to you. The car park is the furthest from the terminal though, so make allowances for coach times, when making your way to the airport.
- The transfer service runs every fifteen minutes. Your journey will take between 10 to 15 minutes to arrive at the terminal.
- There are 30 oversize vehicle bays (camper vans and trailers etc). You will also find the motorcycle bays in Zone Q.
- The drive-up price for parking is £15.00.
- Similar to Mid Stay, exit the M11 at Junctions 8a (London), or Junction 8 (Cambridge), and follow the signs to the Long Stay car park.
Stansted Valet Parking is an option for those who want convenience at a competitive price. Taking this option allows you to drop your car off on the terminal forecourt, so you can walk in without a fuss. Then your car will be delivered to you when you return.
- Your car is parked in a secure and official on-site car park.
- Upon returning, head towards the Short Stay car park, and pick your keys up from the Customer Service office.
- To pre-book Valet Parking, enter your travel dates on this page, in order to get a quote.
Remember where you’ve parked
Make a note of the car park your vehicle has been left in. You’ll need to know the car park (mid/ long), the Zone you’re parked in (A/B/C/D etc), and your bus stop number. It’s easy to forget while you’re away, so don’t rely on your memory.
All pre-booking can be completed at the Stansted parking site.
Submit your review
Jetparks was the cheapest option on offer for a 2 day park although as expensive as my 7 day parking stay booking with meet and greet!The parking is a fair distance from the airport itself and the zone to be used was full so had to zip into another one.The bus came very promptly but took a good 15 mins to get to terminal.Upon my return the bus does go around the long stay before going back to jetparks,not a great experience after a long journey!
Easy to navigate to, from and around car parkBuses to airport run efficiently and frequentlyTad annoying you have to buzz on arrival to check infor your booking though but this didn't delay me muchWould definitely park here again
Have used PfL many times - sometimes mid stay but more recently short stay (green). Always found it very efficient - but can be hard finding a place near the terminal if a weekend ( but that's not their fault ! ). Only ever used them for max 6 nights.
Excellent. All happened exactly as it said on the tin! Will book again the next time I fly. Well done.
Of course I was happy to drive my car to the airport and have it wait for me when I got back, but I find the allocations and bays a bit complicated to find. I was told over the phone when booking that there are so many disabled bays, but I could not find one, and had to keep calling to find out where to go only to find I was stuck way back from all the lots Q I believe. It is not clearly marked and it's a nightmare trying to find your way in!
The Long Stay parking at Stanstead was perfectly adequate and reasonable value, however I was held up at the barrier on arriving and leaving as the system did not recognise my registration. Annoying!
But annoying that buses came after 20mins and took another 20 to get to the airport. Leaving little time to even go to the loo- no time to get a coffee/ bite before dadhug off to the gate before it closed.on return thr driver was great and asked everyone where they parked so he could plan his route! Fantastic as previously we were 2 couples only on the bus and they went al yhe way round thr whole parking long stay and jet parks for us to get off at x.Give the drivers a notepad
We have used Meet and Greet on a number of occasions previously at several airports. The drop off here was easier than LHR but very impersonal. The pickup was a travesty - how can you call that "Greet"? We had to walk seemingly for ever from the arrivals gate back to the office where we had dropped off our keys. Then we had to find our own car. Poor show really...
Second time I've used Meet and Greet,easy to book online with email and SMS confirmation...I didn't realize my traveling companion had booked the return flights for two days later than I had originally paid for the parking,Tuesday rather than Sunday,one phone call later and all I had to pay was £20 cash when returning to pick my keys and car...rest assured I will be using Meet and Greet next time.
I've parked here numerous times before and its always a smooth and professional service and I never think about parking anywhere else.I can thoroughly recommend Jet parks to anyone travelling from Stansted.See you again next trip!