Bristol Airport is ranked 9th by the CAA in their list of UK airports. Bristol handled 5.7 million passengers in 2011, an annual growth of 0.6%.
The top destinations in terms of passenger traffic were.
- Dublin – Ireland (323,070)
- Amsterdam – Netherlands (289,118)
- Edinburgh – UK (286,634)
- Alicante – Spain (279,302)
- Malaga – Spain (262,126)
Getting to the airport
Bristol airport is located 8 miles south of Bristol city centre and within easy reach of the M5, M4 and M32.
Public transport is available and links to Bristol Temple Meads train station via the Airport Flyer Express Link service which runs every 10 minutes at peak times.
Various options for parking at Bristol Airport. Visit our Bristol Airport parking page to find out about costs and locations of car parks.
If you are looking for a hotel to stay the night before or after your flight then visit our Bristol Airport hotels page where we have information on all hotels close to Bristol.
Please allow the following approximate times before flights for check-in and security but remember that each airline has there own check-in policy so be sure to check with them first.
- International flights – allow 3 hours to check-in prior to departure
- European flights – allow 2 hours to check-in prior to departure
- UK flights – allow 1.5 hours to check-in prior to departure